If you’re a Tangerine customer and require a Tangerine void cheque to set up direct deposits to ensure a smooth transfer of your paycheque into your account, you can easily obtain one quickly and hassle-free.
Tangerine Bank offers the convenience of ordering cheques online, with delivery within 14 days. Alternatively, you can opt for a paperless solution by downloading a Tangerine void cheque directly from the online banking platform.
In this blog post, we’ll walk you through the swift process of obtaining a Tangerine void cheque, empowering you to manage your financial transactions with efficiency. Whether establishing direct deposits for your salary, initiating pre-authorized debits, or simply needing a void cheque for any other banking purpose, our step-by-step guide will help you get one quickly.
How to Get a Tangerine Void Cheque
Tangerine Bank is one of the few online banks in Canada that provides a no-fee chequing account and offers free cheques, adding a unique convenience for its customers.
If you have your Tangerine chequebook, getting a void cheque is a simple process. Simply write the word “VOID” across the front of a cheque from your book using a blue or black marker pen. Once voided, you can easily share it with the necessary parties, such as your employer, client, or a billing company.
Ordering Cheques from Tangerine:
For those without a Tangerine chequebook, you can easily order one from Tangerine by following these steps:
- Sign in to your Tangerine Online Banking portal.
- Navigate to the specific chequing account for which you want to request cheques.
- Select “Order Cheques.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your order (Your cheque will be delivered to you within 1-2 weeks).
However, it’s important to note that after your initial free cheque order, subsequent Tangerine chequebooks come with a $50 cost.
Getting a Tangerine Void Cheque Online
If you would prefer to save your paper cheques for more important purposes, you can get a Tangerine void cheque online by downloading a PDF version of a Tangerine void cheque using the following steps:
- Sign in to your Tangerine Online Banking portal.
- Access the chequing account for which you require a void cheque.
- Click on “Void Cheque” and proceed to download or print the void cheque.
This allows you to manage your financial transactions with ease, providing the flexibility to choose between traditional paper cheques and digital alternatives.
How to Read Tangerine Void Cheque
Tangerine, being an online bank, has specific details on its cheques that differ slightly from those of traditional banks. You’ll notice standard information present on all Canadian cheques, with little differences.
To read a Tangerine void cheque, you need to focus on three crucial numbers: the transit number (00152), the financial institution number (614), and the account number (10 digits). These numbers are essential for directing funds accurately.
Here are all the information you’ll find on a Tangerine void cheque:
- Personal information: Your name and home address, as the account holder, is prominently displayed at the top of the cheque. It identifies you as the “drawer”.
- Beneficiary (payee): This section is where you would typically write the recipient’s name for payment. It is left blank for a void Tangerine cheque,
- Bank account and branch details: This section includes the bank name and the address of the bank branch. For Tangerine, the address is 3389 Steeles Ave E., Toronto, ON, M2H 0A1, Canada.
- Cheque number: This 3-digit number identifies the cheque transaction in your bank statement. On a Tangerine cheque, it appears in the MICR encoding line and the top right corner.
- Transit (branch) number: This 5-digit number specifies the bank branch where you opened your account. Tangerine’s transit number is 00152.
- Financial institution number: Also known as the bank code, this 3-digit number distinguishes Tangerine from its parent bank (Scotiabank). Tangerine’s institution code is 614.
- Account number: This 7–12-digit number uniquely identifies your bank account. Tangerine account numbers consist of 10 digits.
How to Write a Tangerine Sample Cheque
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to write a Tangerine cheque:
- Date: Write the date in the right-hand corner where the “DATE” field is located. This ensures the cheque is current and valid.
- Payee Information: On the line labelled “pay to the order of,” write the name of the person or entity to whom you are making the payment. This identifies the beneficiary or payee.
- Amount in Words and Figures: In the line below “Pay to the order of,” write the amount to be cashed in words. Additionally, fill in the box with the dollar sign with the numerical amount.
- Memo Line: Utilize the “MEMO” line to include a brief description or reason for the cheque. This step provides additional context for both you and the payee.
- Signature: Finalize the cheque by signing it on the designated line in the bottom right corner. Your signature serves as authorization and is crucial for the cheque’s validity.
Final Thoughts on Tangerine Void Cheque
Whether you’re setting up direct deposits or need a void cheque for any banking purpose, it’s clear that obtaining this essential document is not only straightforward but also crucial for various banking transactions.
Following this guide’s straightforward steps, you can swiftly write, order, or download a Tangerine void cheque.
Take the next step toward financial convenience. Empower your financial journey today by ensuring you have this indispensable tool.